Previous Page

Thread: Significantly LOW score

Created on: 02/04/10 07:21 AM

Replies: 6

toni

Nigredo

Significantly LOW score
02/04/10 7:21 AM

Statistically, if you choose purely at random, you should come in at around 20%...the more trials, the closer to 20% you get. The basis of this site is that a score significantly over 20% (I don't know what would be considered statistically significant; I haven't read the literature) could be considered evidence of psychic ability.

BUT...what about a score that is significantly LOWER than average? I don't remember who it was, but someone noticed that they seemed to pick the next card a lot. It seems to be it would just as unlikely. My score today is around 11%. Am I psychic--in the wrong direction?

Link | Top | Bottom

ncitachi

Nigredo

RE: Significantly LOW score
02/17/10 2:38 PM

You might be a psychic,most of the time peopel look for high scores,but instead if u get an incredible low score,it can be associated with precognition,you see what card is next and choose the wrong one purposely.Its almost impossible for a normal person to get things wrong out of so many times.

Link | Top | Bottom

fieryphoenix28

Nigredo

06/26/10 9:52 PM

I had a significantly low score my first go-round. But, I was also significantly inebriated. I will try again next time when I am not inebriated. I want to compare the results. Clearly, being inebriated is not the way to go with 3 out of 28 correct. ;)

Link | Top | Bottom

toni

Nigredo

06/27/10 4:06 AM

Perhaps inebriation frees up part of your mind! However, many, many trials would have to be performed to make a scientific conclusion.

Link | Top | Bottom

ouroboros

Nigredo

08/01/10 7:19 PM

I suppose it is possible ;)

-----------------------------
Forum Admin

Link | Top | Bottom

lrq3000

Nigredo

11/06/10 6:06 AM

Gambler's fallacy : it's not because you keep on playing that your chances to win raises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

Link | Top | Bottom

Moloch

Nigredo

12/25/10 8:31 PM

I also tend to pick not the card the computer has picked, but the next card it will pick. I wouldn't say I'm getting them wrong intentionally, but that I'm looking too far ahead when I choose.

Link | Top | Bottom

Next Page

Page: 1

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.